We invite you to apply for the inaugural Justin O’Connor Memorial Fund Scholarship. 2 awards of $1,000
each will be given. An academic award will be for achievement based on the qualities of Justin who is
remembered for his outgoing nature, love of working in groups, and great sense of humor. He was well liked
by all groups of people, funny, athletic and always had a smile on his face! He was also a diligent student and
fantastic guitarist. An athletic award will be given to a student athlete who has been accepted to a 4-year
college or university to play a specific sport.
Justin O’Connor was a loving son and caring brother. He was only 17 years old, a generous friend and gifted
athlete whose joy and love for life were contagious. Justin was entering his senior year of high school with a
dream of playing college baseball. That dream ended on an early morning in July 2017 because of distracted
driving. Now his dreams can become yours.
Qualifications: The applicant must:
1. Reside in one of the following Pee Dee counties: Chesterfield, Darlington, Dillon, Florence, Marion,
Marlboro, or Williamsburg.
2. Be accepted to an accredited 4-year college or university.
3. Maintain a GPA of at least 2.5 or better.
1. The applicant must return an application to Eastern Carolina Community Foundation,
PO Box 1615, Florence, SC 29503 by Monday, April 9, 2018 along with:
• A personal statement telling why receiving this scholarship is important to your education and
future with details about your honors and achievements, extracurricular activities, interests and
community involvement. Address your experience with distracted driving.
• Provide a copy of your most recent official transcript of grades.
• Provide proof of acceptance to a 4-year college or university.
• Provide at least two letters of reference from school officials that are not family members.
2. The applicant must return all requested information to receive consideration for the scholarship.
3. The scholarship grant is for tuition expenses and will be paid directly to the institution where the student
plans to attend, not to an individual.
To download flyer, Click Here