FAFSA-Free Application for Federal Student Aid
This form is now available for students attending college beginning Fall 2017. Go to FAFSA to complete form.
Scholarship Information Received by TCA
Sun Trust Off- To College Sweepstakes
Apply Online – drawing every two weeks from October 31 until May 15
Joseph C. Rodgers Scholarship Foundation
To be eligible for the Joseph C. Rodgers Scholarship applicants must have each of the following:
- Applicant must be a high school senior or a freshmen,sophomore, or junior currently enrolled in a college or technical school.
- Applicant must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 when the application is submitted.
- Applicant must have actively participated as a volunteer for a community service organization or must be pursuing a degree in a criminal justice related field.
- Applicant must be a resident of Florence County, South Carolina.
To access the application click here
Please see guidance for additional information.
Harry Hampton Fund Scholarships
- Harry Hampton Scholarship for students in the natural resources disciplines of wildlife biology, fisheries biology, forestry, marine or environmental science. Four (4) years; $5,000 per year.
- Wallace F. Pate Scholarship for students in natural resources disciplines of wildlife biology, fisheries biology, forestry, marine or environmental science. One (1) year; $2,500.
- Natural resource students may apply for the Hampton and Pate scholarship together on one application, but are eligible to be awarded only one. Agriculture, general biology, pre-medical biology and veterinary science are not eligible curricula for these scholarships.
- The Harry Hampton and Pate scholarships are combined on one application.
- David M. Cline Scholarship for students who wish to further their education in law enforcement/ criminal justice/ forensic science. One (1) year; $2,000.
- James O. Thomason Scholarship for students who wish to further their education in print or photo journalism, advertising, public relations or mass communications. This scholarship requires the student to submit a topical essay (see criteria and application). Four (4) years; $2,000 per year.
- The David M. Cline and the James O. Thomason scholarship have separate application forms
Please be sure to complete all pages of the applications and carefully review the criteria for award to be sure you qualify to apply. Each application must be accompanied by high school transcripts, SAT/ACT scores and essays. In addition to online, applications also available via email at email@example.com, by writing to the address bellow or by phone at 803-600-1570.
DEADLINE: January 31,2018
Mercer University Scholarship Challenge
The Mercer University School of engineering is pleased to once again invite seniors from your school to apply for our annual Scholarship Challenge at our Macon, Georgia campus on Saturday, November 11, 2017. We plan to award valuable scholarship this fall to high school seniors who are interested in Mercer’s engineering, industrial management and technical communications program. More information about Mercer Engineering is available at engineering.mercer.edu
Other Scholarship Information Recently Sent To TCA
General Scholarship Websites
Seniors: Winthrop will be hosting Transfer Tuesday information sessions in the evening during the fall and winter. Sessions are designed to simplify the transfer process and help you make a smooth transition to Winthrop University.
Transfer information sessions will include:
-Transfer credit evaluation process. If you submit unofficial transcripts to Claire Mooney-Melvin in Transfer Recruitment at least one week prior, you will get a review from the student service office.
-Financial aid and scholarships information
-Optional campus tour (beings at 3:30 p.m.)
-Opportunity to meet with an Admissions Counselor
Sessions will be held at Winthrop on the following dates from 3:30-6:30 p.m. with a group presentation beginning at 5:00 p.m.
-October 2, 2017
-November 28, 2017
-January 9, 2018
Eastern Carolina Community Foundation
We invite you to apply for the inaugural Justin O’Connor Memorial Fund Scholarship. 2 awards of $1,000
each will be given. An academic award will be for achievement based on the qualities of Justin who is
remembered for his outgoing nature, love of working in groups, and great sense of humor. He was well liked
by all groups of people, funny, athletic and always had a smile on his face! He was also a diligent student and
fantastic guitarist. An athletic award will be given to a student athlete who has been accepted to a 4-year
college or university to play a specific sport.
Justin O’Connor was a loving son and caring brother. He was only 17 years old, a generous friend and gifted
athlete whose joy and love for life were contagious. Justin was entering his senior year of high school with a
dream of playing college baseball. That dream ended on an early morning in July 2017 because of distracted
driving. Now his dreams can become yours.
Qualifications: The applicant must:
1. Reside in one of the following Pee Dee counties: Chesterfield, Darlington, Dillon, Florence, Marion,
Marlboro, or Williamsburg.
2. Be accepted to an accredited 4-year college or university.
3. Maintain a GPA of at least 2.5 or better.
1. The applicant must return an application to Eastern Carolina Community Foundation,
PO Box 1615, Florence, SC 29503 by Monday, April 9, 2018 along with:
• A personal statement telling why receiving this scholarship is important to your education and
future with details about your honors and achievements, extracurricular activities, interests and
community involvement. Address your experience with distracted driving.
• Provide a copy of your most recent official transcript of grades.
• Provide proof of acceptance to a 4-year college or university.
• Provide at least two letters of reference from school officials that are not family members.
2. The applicant must return all requested information to receive consideration for the scholarship.
3. The scholarship grant is for tuition expenses and will be paid directly to the institution where the student
plans to attend, not to an individual.
To download flyer, Click Here