Joseph C. Rodgers Scholarship Foundation
To be eligible for the Joseph C. Rodgers Scholarship applicants must have each of the following:
- Applicant must be a high school senior or a freshmen,sophomore, or junior currently enrolled in a college or technical school.
- Applicant must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 when the application is submitted.
- Applicant must have actively participated as a volunteer for a community service organization or must be pursuing a degree in a criminal justice related field.
- Applicant must be a resident of Florence County, South Carolina.
To access the application Click Here
Please see guidance for additional information.
Eastern Carolina Community Foundation
We invite you to apply for the inaugural Justin O’Connor Memorial Fund Scholarship. Two awards of $1,000 each will be given. An academic award will be for achievement based on the qualities of Justin who is remembered for his outgoing nature, love of working in groups, and great sense of humor. He was well liked by all groups of people, funny, athletic and always had a smile on his face! He was also a diligent student and fantastic guitarist. An athletic award will be given to a student athlete who has been accepted to a 4-year college or university to play a specific sport. Justin O’Connor was a loving son and caring brother. He was only 17 years old, a generous friend and gifted athlete whose joy and love for life were contagious. Justin was entering his senior year of high school with a dream of playing college baseball. That dream ended on an early morning in July 2017 because of distracted driving. Now his dreams can become yours.
Qualifications: The applicant must:
- Reside in one of the following Pee Dee counties: Chesterfield, Darlington, Dillon, Florence, Marion, Marlboro, or Williamsburg.
- Be accepted to an accredited 4-year college or university.
- Maintain a GPA of at least 2.5 or better.
- The applicant must return an application to Eastern Carolina Community Foundation, PO Box 1615, Florence, SC 29503 by Monday, April 9, 2018 along with:
- A personal statement telling why receiving this scholarship is important to your education and future with details about your honors and achievements, extracurricular activities, interests and community involvement. Address your experience with distracted driving.
- Provide a copy of your most recent official transcript of grades.
- Provide proof of acceptance to a 4-year college or university.
- Provide at least two letters of reference from school officials that are not family members.
- The applicant must return all requested information to receive consideration for the scholarship.
- The scholarship grant is for tuition expenses and will be paid directly to the institution where the student plans to attend, not to an individual.
To download flyer, Click Here
Discover the Citadel
Attention Juniors and Seniors, the annual Open House called Discover The Citadel, is scheduled for Friday, April 20th, 2018. This is an opportunity to spend an afternoon on campus learning about the admission process, financial aid, academics, athletics, ROTC, and other aspects of Citadel Experience. Discover The Citadel will include a campus tour, as well as an opportunity to meet members of the faulty, staff, and cadets. It will conclude with the Retreat Parade at 1545 (3:45 p.m.). Parents are encouraged to attend with their student. Registration begins promptly at 12:30 p.m. on Friday, April 20th in McAlister Field House. Online registration should occur before April 2nd, 2018 at www.citadel.edu/discover. Space may be extremely limited, so timely registration is preferred.
If you have questions, please contact the Office of Admissions at (800) 868-1842.
To download the flyer,Click Here
Distinguished Young Women of South Carolina
We are looking for bright, talented junior girls in South Carolina to compete for over $10,000 in scholarships, with many colleges throughout the United States offering scholarships to any girl who participates in our program. It is completely free, and can be life changing.
To sign up visit http://www.DistinguishedYW.org.
To download flyer, Click Here.
Deadline: April 21,2018